Latest Kilgour Sports Boosters Updates
- NEW! GOT LAX? Boys Youth Lacrosse teams forming now for grades 3-6. Open to Walnut Hills "feeder schools," sign-up by October 15, season runs March to May 2017. Click for more information.
- Registration Closes Friday! Sign up for fall basketball for 2nd - 6th grade boys and girls through September 30, 2016. Sign up via Blue Sombrero. Due to facility constraints, late registrations will likely not be accepted.
- The fall soccer season is off to a great start. For more information, check out our Parents' Guide to Kilgour Soccer. Additional questions? Please contact coordinator
Another Successful Kilgour 5k!
The Kilgour Sports Boosters want to extend our thanks to everyone who participated in or volunteered at the annual 5K and Kid Run this May.
Kilgour Sports Recognition Night
As a way to wrap up the school year, Kilgour's Sports Recognition Night was held Tuesday May 17, 2016 in the Kilgour School gym.
This exciting night recognized all students who participated in soccer, basketball, and baseball during the 2015-2016 school year. All players present received a special gift as well as Italian ice at the end of the ceremony.
Participation in Kilgour Sports by Non-Kilgour Students
Some parents have asked if non-Kilgour students can play on Kilgour teams. The answer is yes, per the following policy.
Participation by Non-Kilgour Students – Current Kilgour students shall be given priority to participate on KSB sponsored sports teams if they register prior to the established registration deadline. Subject to the specific sport league rules and if space permits, Non-Kilgour students may be offered positions on such teams, but will be placed in a “waiting pool” until all registration periods expire. There is no guarantee that any students will be able to participate on KSB sponsored sports teams even if they meet a registration deadline.
Kilgour Sports Boosters is a non-profit parent organization dedicated to providing opportunities for all Kilgour students to participate in athletics. The Kilgour Sports Boosters board supervises school sports and sporting events, as well as fundraising activities to better support player participation and scholarships, parent coaches, teams and sports facilities, uniforms and equipment. Our goals are to:
- Give every child the opportunity to participate in sports;
- Reinforce good sportsmanship in a positive team environment;
- Help coaches teach the fundamentals of their sport;
- Uphold the recreational status of the sport, including equitable playing time.
Last Updated on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:41 pm